Based on your genetics, your genetic predisposition for Muscle Soreness is
What does this mean?
Your genotypes indicate that you have lower chance to get muscle soreness after exercise.
How Is Your Genetic Risk Calculated?
This result is based on the SNPs(single nucleotide polymorphism)that are associated with Muscle Soreness.
Suggested Lifestyle Changes
- Consuming anti-inflammatory foods may help to relieve muscle soreness. For example, pineapple, ginger and cherry juice.
- Milk contains important proteins that are used for muscle source recovery and strength.
- Consume foods that are rich in polyphenol, such as pomegranates and cherries - this can help reduce occurrence of delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) post-exercise.
- Consumption of taurine for 15 days post-exercise may significantly reduce DOMS through reduction of superoxide radical production. Taurine can be found in shellfish (eg. scallops, mussels, clams), dark meat of turkey and chicken, and turkey bologna.
- Consume caffeine post-workout as studies have shown that it helps to reduce DOMS.
- Apply Arnica gel as a remedy for muscle soreness. Studies have shown that the arnica herb can reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Taking a warm bath after exercising can help to reduce DOMS.
- Applying ice packs may help to reduce muscle pain.
- Putting on pressure garment for 24 hours after your physical activity can help to increase blood flow, which results in a faster recovery period.
- Staying hydrated can help to maintain electrolyte balances in the body, which is needed throughout physical activities.
- Doing stretches after working out will help to cool down muscles and avoid muscle soreness on the following day.
- Be aware of your limitations in doing certain body movements. To avoid injuries, it is advisable to not push your limits.
- A 20-minute bout of foam rolling on a high-density roller session is recommended immediately post-exercise and every 24 hours thereafter - this can help to reduce the likelihood of muscle tenderness.
- Post exercise massages are recommended as they can decrease pain associated with DOMS.
- Following intense DOMS-inducing exercise, individuals who must train on a daily basis should reduce the intensity and duration of their exercise for 1 to 2 days.