Based on your genetics, your genetic predisposition for Muscular Strength is
What does this mean?
Likely to have normal muscle strength Your genotype indicates that you have tendency to have normal muscle strength. Strength or resistance training can increase muscle strength.
How Is Your Genetic Risk Calculated?
This result is based on the SNPs(single nucleotide polymorphism)that are associated with Muscular Strength.
Suggested Lifestyle Changes
- Protein are important for building and repair muscle. Consume adequate protein to increase muscle strength ex lean meat, fish, peanut butter, tofu.
- Creatine (chemical found in the muscle) monohydrate has been shown to increase intramuscular phophocreatine which is used to produce energy (Adenosine triphosphate (ATP)) in body's cell during exercise. Consume food packed with creatine such as lean meat, certain fish like tuna, salmon or consume creatine supplement to increase muscle mass and strength.
- Milk provides a mix of protein, carbohydrate and fats that needed by our body. Milk are found to be beneficial for muscle growth. Studies have shown consuming milk can increase muscle mass and muscle strength.
- Consider protein supplementation on top of your exercise regimes to increase muscle mass gain
- Since you display medium potential of muscle strength, you should focus a lot on slowly increasing the strength based activities and try to incorporate more into your strength workouts routine as to build on your weakness. Be careful to manage increases in strength load in order to avoid overexertion of your body over long periods of time which can lead to injury, fatigue and burnout.
- Perform strength/resistance training to strengthen the muscle weight lifting, using resistance bands during workout, heavy gardening activity such as digging and shovelling, climbing stairs, push-ups, sit-ups and squats.