Based on your genetics, your genetic predisposition for Sports Recovery Ability is
What does this mean?
Likely to have typical recovery time Your genotypes indicate that you have intermediate recovery ability after sports and exercise.
How Is Your Genetic Risk Calculated?
This result is based on the SNPs(single nucleotide polymorphism)that are associated with Sports Recovery Ability.
Suggested Lifestyle Changes
- Carbohydrates are the preferred fuel for muscles before and after intense exercise. The body uses carbohydrates during intense training and competition. Intense exercise depletes your body's stored carbohydrates. Your muscles are most receptive to replenishing carbohydrates within the first 30 minutes to 2 hours after exercise.
- Intake of carbohydrates and proteins during recovery time is recommended to maximize skeletal muscle glycogen storage and also take advantage of the elevated rate of protein synthesis during the recovery period.
- Increase protein intakes such as lean meat, eggs, fish, and shellfish to increase recovery rates. Aim to achieve a daily total protein intake of 1g of protein per kilo of body weight.
- Consider protein supplementation on top of your exercise regimes to increase muscle mass gain. Additional protein supplementation supports the anabolic muscle growth by supplying amino acid supply as well as stimulating cellular regeneration.
- Creatine Supplementation may also increase muscle strength and mass gain. Creatine has also been found to deter muscle wasting upon inactivity.
- Fish oil containing omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are effective natural anti-inflammatory agents as well as aid growth hormone testosterone production to help cope with inflammation-induced pain and increase muscle recovery.
- Post-exercise massage has been shown to reduce the severity of muscle soreness by increasing circulation and reducing localized inflammation.
- Avoid over-training as it can lead to negative outcomes such as progress plateauing.
- Getting enough quality sleep ensures adequate cellular recovery as well as promotes hormonal balance which is an essential part of recovery management.
- Doing a phototherapy session before doing resistance exercise may enhance contractile function, reduce exercise-induced muscle damage, and facilitate post-exercise recovery.