Based on your genetics, your genetic predisposition for Effect Of Exercise On Weight Control is
What does this mean?
Your genotypes indicate that you have potential to lose more weight with exercise.
How Is Your Genetic Risk Calculated?
This result is based on the SNPs(single nucleotide polymorphism)that are associated with Effect Of Exercise On Weight Control.
These are the genes tested for Effect Of Exercise On Weight Control:
Suggested Lifestyle Changes
- Choose to walk or ride a bike to work whenever possible.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park your vehicle further away from the destination and walk the remaining distance.
- Reduce sitting time by, for example, doing simple exercises while watching the television.
- Sign up and attend weekly dancing lessons or workout regularly at the gym to keep fit.
- Doing house chores such as vacuuming, gardening, doing the laundry, etc, helps to keep you active and can burn some calories.
- Perform different types of exercises on a regular basis. It is recommended by the Department of Health and Human Services that a healthy adult should exercise at least 3 times a week for a duration of 30 minutes every session.
- Be active in aerobic exercises such as walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, and running to increase metabolism and burn fats.
Result Explanation Recommendations:
- Choose healthier cooking options such as steaming, boiling, baking, or stewing instead of frying. This significantly reduces the amount of oil used in cooking.
- Pre-existing eating disorders could be a reason why an individual cannot maintain a healthy body weight. Consult a doctor or a dietician in managing the condition for better weight control.
- Coping stress with unhealthy binge eating habits does not favour weight control. Look for new hobbies such as reading, exercising, meditating, drawing, etc, to manage your stress.