Based on your genetics, your genetic predisposition for Mediterranean Diet Effectiveness is
What does this mean?
Your genotype results indicate that the Mediterranean diet is highly effective for maintaining your health.
How Is Your Genetic Risk Calculated?
This result is based on the SNPs(single nucleotide polymorphism)that are associated with Mediterranean Diet Effectiveness.
Suggested Lifestyle Changes
- Consume dairy products such as milk, yoghurt and cheese in moderation.
- Maintain a low to moderate consumption of red meat and poultry which contains no fibre and few antioxidants.
- Consumption of wine is an optional consideration.
- Incorporate various plant-based foods in your diet (eg. fresh vegetables, salads, fruits, nuts, seeds, and olives, rice, pasta, potatoes, bread without butter or margarine, and garlic, onions, and herbs as condiments) as they provide all essential vitamins and minerals, fibres, and other health-promoting elements.
- Use olive oil as the main source of fat because it contains a large proportion of monounsaturated fat and is a source of vitamin E. Olive oil helps to facilitate the typical consumption of large amounts of vegetables and legumes by enhancing the taste and energy density.